June 1 – June 30, 2019
Artists age 5-18 are invited to join our first ever Graphic Novel Contest! Graphic novels can be in any style including comic or manga.
5-8 – Children
9-12 – Tweens
13-18 – Teens
- Create your own graphic novel with a maximum length of 8 pages, including the cover page.
- Use letter-size paper (8.5 x 11) with art and text on one side only.
- Each submission must be the original work of the submitting author/illustrator. Any submissions with more than one author/illustrator will be considered a single entry judged under the age category of the oldest author/illustrator listed and will share any prizes possibly awarded.
- Computer generated images are acceptable as long as they are your original work (no clip art)
- Consider submitting a photocopy that is an accurate reflection of the original as we cannot guarantee that submissions will be returned.
- Tye Preston Memorial Library reserves the right to reproduce your work. You can reuse all your work after the contest.
- Print and complete the Graphic Novel Contest Entry Form and the Creative Works Release Form and return to the library with your submission.
- Physical entries can be submitted to the Tye Preston Memorial Library no later than 5:00 PM on Saturday, June 29th, 2019.
- Entries can also be submitted through the online entry page or via e-mail to Jamie@tpml.org as a JPEG or PDF attachment. Digital entries can be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on Sunday, June 30th, 2019.
- There is a limit of one entry per contestant.
Entries will be judged based on the following: overall story, originality, creativity and illustrations; by a panel of library staff and volunteers.
Children’s 1st Place: 2 All Day Schlitterbahn Tickets (Use before September 15, 2019)
Tween’s 1st Place: 2 All Day Schlitterbahn Tickets (Use before September 15, 2019)
Teen’s 1st Place: Graphic Drawing Tablet
Teen’s 2nd Place: Professional Art Set
Tye Preston Memorial Library reserves the right to refuse submissions that are not appropriate for a general audience. This contest is free and open to the public.